Technical tour on 2 November
In the morning, we will visit the Etchujima Campus of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, School of Marine Technology.
For the second stage of the tour, we will move to the Ryogoku area, which is the center of the sumo wrestling world.
- 8:45Shinagawa Prince Hotel
- 9:30-11:30Campus Tour
- 12:00-15:00Ryogoku Tour
- 15:30Shinagawa Prince Hotel
- 50 USD per person
- Please register your participation at the online registration page.
- Campus tour
- The Etchujima Campus of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, School of Marine Technology.
- Advanced Navigation System
- Engine room simulator
- Meiji Maru (Important Cultural Properties in Japan)
- Ryogoku tour
- We will have lunch and visit the Edo-Tokyo Museum.
- Tsukiji Genchan
- This restaurant is located on the second floor of “-Ryogoku- EDO NOREN.”
Genchan provides fresh and carefully-selected ingredients from Tsukiji and markets all over Japan.
Genchan's Casual dining style offers authentic, fresh seafood with an atmosphere of the Tsukiji market.
- -Ryogoku- EDO NOREN
- Attractive Japanese restaurants based on the concept of "refined cuisine culture of Edo" are located in the historical building of former Ryogoku Station.
Inside the building, the exterior of each restaurant creates the atmosphere of the small town in the Edo period. A dohyo "Sumo wrestling ring" is found at the center of the building, and is a symbol of Ryogoku area.
- Edo-Tokyo Museum
- The Edo-Tokyo Museum is a museum of Tokyo urban history, with exhibits showing the history, life, and culture of the city from the 1600s to today. Its permanent exhibition area on the 5th to 6th floors covers a vast space of almost 100,000 square feet.
The museum offers visitors a journey through the 400-year history of Edo-Tokyo since Tokugawa Ieyasu entered Edo.